There are many types of folding beds and they have a wide variety of benefits; From cost-saving to being must-have and practical space-saving home office furniture items. As I live in Sydney, which has just been discovered to be the second most unaffordable city in the world, saving money and space has become an imperative. This type of bed has hinges so that it can be folded and stored.
Here are some of the benefits I found in having two camp beds in my Sydney apartment, as well as doing some research online:
– Perfect furniture for visits or unexpected guests. Saves you buying a traditional bed if it is only going to be used infrequently
– Stows away in seconds and takes up much less space than your standard bed
– You don’t have to break the bank by buying a regular bed, which is more expensive just to be able to accommodate your guests comfortably overnight.
– In addition to saving money, you will save on storage and they can also be used for other purposes.
– Practical for people who live in mobile homes where space is at a premium and also for families who have moved to their new place and do not have the funds to buy the complete set of furniture.
– Some types of folding beds will allow you to take them with you and it is surely a better solution than sleeping on the floor.
– Some more affordable portable beds will be able to be hidden behind closet doors or tucked under the existing bed or stored in closets or in a garage.
– There are many options available by searching for one online to suit any budget
– The models that are currently being manufactured with memory foam can recover their shape without affecting the comfort or physical characteristics of the mattress. These same models are more pleasant to sleep in, since they practically envelop the body when sleeping.
– The advantages are obvious for rollaway beds that use an air mattress, as they collapse or deflate to an even smaller shape
– Easy to move and place in different parts of the apartment and quickly unfolds
– Also called futons, guest beds, rollaways, foldaways, or hideaway beds, these are easily transported for the kids, camping, or other outdoor events.
– They come in all sizes, making them an ideal solution for both adults and children.
– Some of them will have an adjustable function, such as those once found in hospitals or nursing homes.
– When buying a folding bed, look for the sturdiness and closing action of the mechanism, a good mattress that provides good support, ventilation and possibly made of natural materials such as latex.
In general, folding beds are very underrated, but they are very compact and convenient, almost a necessity in every modern home today.