When it comes to romantic gifts, the choice seems straightforward; flowers, jewelry, perfumes or lingerie. The choice may depend on the budget or simply on the opportunity. Flowers seem easy to buy, while lingerie looks complicated, but things are not always what they seem.
1. Flowers are easy to order, but that’s the problem. She knows it. Just searching the internet and picking up the first bouquet is not going to impress, it may even have the opposite effect. If you want to send flowers, choose something unusual and durable. Tropical flowers are more expensive but last much longer than the garden variety, so orchids and anthuriums are a good choice.
2. Roses are supposedly romantic, but the real reason for that was their smell. Most roses last only a few days and few on these days have any odor. On the other hand, roses can fall into the unusual range, GrowerFlowers.com offers a vase of a dozen five foot tall roses, which definitely falls into the ‘unusual’ category.
3. Be personal. The best response to giving any gift is to choose something with personal meaning, perhaps an arrangement of the same flowers as in your wedding bouquet. If you don’t know it well, you can find out what the official flower of the state it comes from is. In each case you’ve shown, you’ve given it some thought, and it’s the thought that makes the gift romantic.
4. While perfume seems like a simple thing to buy, there are many to choose from. Buying another bottle of your usual scent is safe, but boring. Why not try Sephora’s fragrance finder and use the fragrance you are using now to predict others that you will like? The downside is that a scent that smells great on one woman can smell awful on the next.
5. All women can wear pearls and styles are constantly changing. A single strand of medium-sized pearls is ideal for most women, however a multi-strand necklace is a beautiful gift.
But watch out for the size. The sixteen inches used for necklaces these days can be too small for many women, and modifications to a necklace can cost almost as much as the original item.
6. Deluxe nightwear and lingerie, nightgowns, pajamas, and robes can make great romantic gifts, but keep in mind that nightwear is not just about sex for women. Instead, choose something that makes you feel good. If she’s into period drama and romance, you might consider a regency or empire-style nightgown, or a fur-trimmed robe. Practical items that match your fantasies make great romantic gifts, and flowy silk nightgowns are the height of romance, but if you’re really not a nightgown person, then a pair of wonderful nighttime pajamas can help you unwind. and focus on things other than work. If rummaging through your closet still leaves you baffled about its size, use a tailored service. There are so many that will help you get it right and add even more romance and mystery to the gifting process!
7. Don’t forget to wrap. Any decent lingerie or jewelry company will provide your product gift wrapped, but if for some reason you have to wrap your own gift, just buy a tissue and a gift bag. Wrap the gift loosely in tissue paper, place it in the bag, and seal. Make sure to write something on the card and don’t be offended if you keep it long after the gift has been forgotten. If that happens, your donation was successful!