Offer a romantic hand-stamped gift to your partner this Valentine’s Day by stamping extra-special chocolates. You will need some cooking oil, store-bought chocolates, small paper liners for the individual chocolates to sit in, and small clear acrylic rubber stamps. Experiment with different brands of chocolate. It may be easier to start with solid chocolates.
1. Put a small amount of vegetable oil on a paper towel and let it absorb. Take your choice of new acrylic rubber stamps and apply them to the oil. It’s important that you use fresh rubber stamps for this, as the finished product will be consumed and you don’t want the ink to come off the stamps on the chocolate.
2. Heat the surface of the chocolate with a hot stamping tool.
3. Place oiled clear rubber stamp (without stamping block) into melted chocolate. Refrigerate the chocolate with the clear seal still in the chocolate. Complete your chocolate game using different rubber stamp images.
4. Once the chocolate has solidified, take it out of the refrigerator and gently remove the clear acrylic stamp from the surface of the chocolate.
5. Pack your unique and personalized stamped chocolates in a box. Add some colored tissue paper if you like. Be sure to clean your clear rubber stamps with soapy water, as you don’t want any traces of chocolate or oil left behind, especially if you plan on converting your clear stamps to use for paper crafts.
6. Make a Valentine’s Day card to match your gift from the heart.
That’s it! It’s easy and it’s delicious! Rubber stamping with clear stamps on food is a completely unique way to say Happy Valentine’s Day!
OTHER YUMMY PRINTED CANDY IDEAS
o Stamp a favorite image on a plain sugar cookie before baking.
o Stamp a flower in fondant, cut it out and decorate cakes or other treats with it.
o Write a special message on a chocolate bar with this technique for an unexpected surprise.
Use your imagination in the kitchen, stamp anything that contains an image. Remember, if it doesn’t work, you may have to eat it! No matter how amazing it is, enjoy stamping fabulous candy this Valentine’s Day!